Life is luck , make it............. Life is life , fight for it


June 24, 2008

mother duck loses a battle to save her duckling





As a duck, trying to battle with a heron and force it to give up its quarry was always going to be a difficult task.
But as a mother, animals and humans will do anything for their offspring which is why this bird refused to let the heron fly off with one of her own without a fight.
These amazing pictures show, frame by frame, how the heron swooped on the duck and her family as they swam near Bray Harbour in County Wicklow.Unfortunately, the mother duck mission ended in tragedy when the predator ate up the duckling before her very eyes

1 comment:

Emilializ said...

My niece and nephew always play a game where I carry a rubber ducky and pretend to be the mother duck. So one of them pretends to be the heron and takes the ducky away from me. So I shout, 'Put my ducky down!' and my niece or nephew will respond, 'No!' Then I chase them until they 'eat' the ducky and Mama Duck bursts out crying. It's fun!

deep search