Life is luck , make it............. Life is life , fight for it


May 31, 2009

caterpillar




This is the "most dangerous" stinging caterpillar in the US.The moth Megalopyge opercularis has numerous common names, including southern flannel moth, pussy moth, puss caterpillar, Bolivia bug*, and, in Texas, asp. It is visually striking in both larval and adult forms. The inch-long larva is generously coated in long, luxuriant hair-like setae, making it resemble a tiny Persian cat, the characteristic that presumably gave it the name "puss."The 'fur' of the larva contains venomous spines that cause extremely painful reactions in human skin upon contact. The reactions are sometimes localized to the affected area but are often very severe, radiating up a limb and causing burning, swelling, nausea, headache, abdominal distress, rashes, blisters, and sometimes chest pain, numbness, or difficulty breathing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I blog quite often and I really appreciate your information.
This great article has truly peaked my interest.
I will book mark your site and keep checking
for new details about once a week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.


Also visit my weblog - ロレックスレプリカ

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with
your blog. It appears like some of the text in your posts are running off the screen.
Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this
is happening to them too? This could be a problem with my browser because I've had this happen previously. Thank you

my blog ロレックスレプリカ

deep search